Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
Your contract is with the property owner, Home from Home Portsmouth Ltd (“we”, “us” and “our” in these Booking Conditions) are the booking agent for this property (“the Property”). References to “you” or “your” are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us so please read them carefully. Nothing in these Booking Conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
1. Making your booking.
When you book the Property with us you make your payment for the Initial Deposit. Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you. Once the Initial Deposit have been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with a confirmation. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us. You should carefully check the details of our written confirmation and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
2. Paying for your booking
You are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the Rental and the Security Deposit at least eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date as set out in our confirmation. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you. We will hold the Security Deposit to be applied against the reasonable cleaning and/or replacement of the property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings. We will return the Security Deposit to you within 14 days of the return of the keys to us, less any deductions in accordance with the conditions listed above.
3. If you cancel or amend your booking
If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must email us on the address shown on our confirmation as soon as possible. A cancellation will not take effect until we receive written confirmation from you. If you cancel your booking more than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we will retain the Initial Deposit (25%) and refund the balance of any money you have paid to us. If you cancel your booking less than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we reserve the right to retain the Initial Deposit and the Rental. In these circumstances we will refund the Rental (less any additional costs incurred) to you if we are able to secure an alternative booking for the Property.
4. If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings. If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.
5. Your accommodation
You can arrive at your accommodation after 15.00 hours on the Arrival Date and you must leave by 10.00 hours on the Departure Date unless otherwise arranged. If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact the person whose details are given on our booking confirmation so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midnight on the day of Arrival Date and you do not advise the contact of your anticipated late arrival we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you.
6. Your obligations
You agree to:
- return the property clean and tidy as your found it
- leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, clean and in good condition.
- Return of the key fobs and keyrings
- not to cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the Property
- not to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. (No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence).
- Not allowing more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property,
- Not taking your pet into the Property unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you.
- To allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs, cleaning and safety checks.
- Depart on time unless otherwise arranged
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable stay. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the Property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence. If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us with full details within 28 days of the end of it.
8. Our liability
Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to your rental payment and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability. Whilst we as the booking agent to our best to ensure the property is safe and certification up to date, any concerns should be raised with us in the first instance but the liability for Property safety liability are outside of this agreement and should be dealt with whit the property owner whose details can be provided on request.
The contract between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
10. Rental Conditions
- The accommodation will be clean and ready for occupancy at the start of every booking.
- A welcome pack will be provided on arrival. Additional items can be purchased on request.
- For bookings over one week, a weekly cleaning service can be arranged for a fee. This will include a change of bed linen and towels.
- The Property is strictly no smoking
- Pets are allowed at some properties by prior arrangement and payment of the 'pet fee'
- Please report any issues with the property to the local contact as soon as possible.
- Please be responsible to our environment and leave any unused towels folded, please remember to conserve electricity and gas as far as possible